The thread lift -also known as feather lift- is being used by both women and men who want to have a more luminous or firm skin without having to go through the operating room because this procedure offer a convenient and safe alternative to traditional facelift surgery. It’s a less invasive procedure that can lift the eyebrows, lift the tip of the nose, reaffirm the facial contour and neck, as well as improve some wrinkles.
This are some pros and cons of the Thread Lift
- Fast application treatment. The session usually lasts about half an hour.
- The threads are placed using a minimally invasive procedure.
- It’s a safe, simple, fast procedure, without incisions and without risks
- Reaffirm the skin in a more gentle way, without scars.
- The results are natural.
- Can be combined with other treatments, such as Botox, hyaluronic acid or radiofrequency, among others.
- Improves the appearance of the skin by increasing the amount of collagen.
- The most commonly used threads have temporary results since they are reabsorbed in approximately six months after their placement. However, in Baja Plastic Surgery we use threads made of polypropylene, a biocompatible material that is not reabsorbable by the body, so its effect ranges from 6 to 8 years depending on each patient in particular. Polypropylene is used in various aesthetic and non-aesthetic operations. It is a painless material and is rarely rejected by the body.
- The treated area can be inflamed, especially if it’s the face. They may also feel discomfort the first few days, but usually disappear in the first week.
Baja Plastic Surgery is a pioneer clinic in Tijuana in this procedure, don’t wait any longer to visit us and get a free consultation for advice.